U-Pass (Bus Pass) Program

What is the U-Pass?

The Universal Bus Pass (U-Pass) program is a valuable service of the Camosun College Student Society (CCSS) that provides unlimited access to public transit in Greater Victoria for most Camosun students. The program was established in 1999 by referendum of students and is one of the most used programs of the CCSS.

U-Pass for Enrolled Students

Renew or request card:

Bring your existing Camosun ID card or order a new one 24 hours in advancee using the Camosun ID Card order form (Open in new window). Please note that there is a fee for replacement ID cards.

Who is eligible?

All students who are taking any classes at Camosun, and are a member of the CCSS, are automatically assessed the U-Pass fee for each month of enrollment. The charges appear on your Camosun fee statement. This compulsory program as required by BC Transit to offer the program and makes transportation to Camosun affordable, eases parking and traffic congestion, and reduces demand to pave more of our campus for parking lots. All students are required to participate in the program to achieve a very low prices of 25% of the actual cost!

What if only enrolled for 7 weeks?

If you’re only enrolled for 7 week of the Summer semester and were also enrolled in the Winter semester then you can purchase the U-Pass for Non-Enrolled Students and then opt out of the U-Pass for Enrolled Students using option #2 on the form below. Be sure to keep your receipt when you paid at the library as it’s your only proof of purchase for opting out — if you lose it you’ll be unable to opt out.

U-Pass for Non-Enrolled Students

Bring your current student ID card with you to the library. If you need a replacement card, complete the Camosun ID Card order form (Open in new window) in advance. The cost for the Non-Enrolled U-Pass is $94 for the Summer 2023 semester (May-August). Be sure to keep your receipt as proof of purchase as it’s your only proof of purchase. Follow the steps below to purchase the non-enrolled U-Pass:
Step 1: Visit the library at either campus.
Step 2: Have your student card with you or order a replacement card in advance. The library will confirm that you were enrolled during the previous semester and you can pay the $94 by debit or credit card.
Step 3: Your student card will be swiped to encode the new U-Pass expiry date.
Step 4: Keep your receipt and/or take a picture of it, as you will be required to show proof of purchase in order to get a replacement should you lose your student card.

Who is eligible?

The U-Pass for Non-Enrolled Students is available to most students who were enrolled in the previous semester but are taking the semester off. We are pleased to be able to continue the U-Pass for Non-Enrolled Students in the Summer 2023 semester starting April 21st, 2023.

Student Taking 7 Week Summer Classes

If taking 7 week summer classes and purchasing the 14 week Non-Enrollment U-Pass, select reason #2 to submit your opt-out and then upload a photo of your receipt.

Can I Opt-Out?

The Camosun College Student Society and BC Transit have agreed to allow students to opt out of the U-Pass only if they meet one of the four criteria listed on the U-Pass opt out form below. This opt out must be processed within 30 days of the start of a semester/term.

Please email upass@camosunstudent.org if you have any questions regarding the U-Pass program or are having trouble submitting this form.

Once a student has submitted an opt out ​they will receive a confirmation email. ​When the opt out has been approved, ​they will receive a second email. If the confirmation is not received, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Student Society office within the 30-day opt out period.