Student Board of Directors
There are a few ways to get involved in your student government.
Student elections take place twice a year: the Spring Elections in the Winter Semester, and Fall Elections in the Fall Semester. To participate in the elections, you will need to become a candidate by submitting the Nomination Form before the deadline. From there, you will campaign until the elections have concluded. If you wish to run in the elections, check our website in March or October to register as a candidate.
To be a member of the board, you must:
- Be a member of Camosun College Student Society in good standing (a student at Camosun College).
- Be available to participate in board meetings occurring every second Monday.
- Be a self-identifying member of the constituency if you are running as a Constituency Representative.
Another way to join the Council is through the appointment of the Board of Directors in the event of a vacant position between election periods.
The steps to become appointed are as follows:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in filling the vacant position. A staff member will then add you to the guest list, as well as your presentation item to the next Board Meeting agenda.
- Attend the upcoming CCSS Board Meeting.
- Introduce yourself to the board and answer questions they may have.
- The board will vote to whether ratify you into the position.
Board Meetings take place every two weeks on Monday. Any student is welcome to attend, without providing any notice. Only board members, and guests with permission from the chair, are allowed to speak at meetings. If you would like to make a presentation or if you are a member wishing to preview a meeting agenda, please contact email@example.com at least 1 week before the meeting.
Due to the global pandemic, these meetings are conducted over Zoom virtual meetings. See our calendar for upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Check out the bylaws and policies that govern our society.
Check out past board meeting minutes on our minutes page.
Check out your representatives on our student council page.