2021 Spring Election Nomination Form
During the Nomination Period (March 12-March 25), prospective candidates must register their candidacy and student nominations using one of the form methods below. Candidates are required to collect the names and student numbers of three CCSS members (Camosun students) who wish to nominate their candidacy.
Click here to go back to the main Elections page for information on important dates and available positions.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
As per CCSS bylaws:
- Nominees for any position on the Council must be regular members of the Society, at least sixteen (16) years of age, and in good standing.
- All candidates in an election must have been nominated by not less than three (3) current members of the Society.
- Note: The number of nominations has been reduced from 15 to 3 as a response to the global pandemic.
- A member of the Society may not hold more than one (1) position on the Council at any time, with the exception of College governance positions.
- Nominees for Campus Director positions must be members enrolled in at least one (1) course at the College campus from which they seek election.
- The Women’s Director and First Nations’ Director positions may only be contested by members self–identifying as belonging to those constituency groups.
About being a member in good standing:
- A person who is enrolled in at least one (1) course at the college shall be a regular member of the Society.
- Only regular members are eligible to vote and hold elected office.
- Regular membership in the Society shall be active during the enrolled semester, and continue four (4) months past the end of the semester.
Please have your platform statement and nominations collected and ready to submit before filling out this form. You will not be able to save your progress and continue at a later time.
Need more time filling out the nomination form? You are welcome to download and fill out the Editable PDF File at your convenience. Submit your completed form using ONE of the following methods:
- Email [email protected], including an attached candidate photo
- Or upload it below: