What is the UPass?
The Universal Bus Pass (U-Pass) is service of the Student Society that provides all Camosun, UVic, and Royal Roads students with unlimited access to public transit in Greater Victoria. The program was established in 1999 by referendum of students and is one of the most used programs of the CCSS. The UPass works anywhere in the Greater Victoria Regional transit service area, but not in other locations in BC.
Who is eligible?
All students taking at least one credit course are charged for a four-month pass. The charges appear on your Camosun fees statement. This mandatory program makes transportation to Camosun affordable, eases parking and traffic congestion, and reduces the demand to pave more of our campus for parking lots. The magnetic stripe on your Camosun student card is also your UPass. All students are required to participate in the program to achieve a very low price of 25% of the actual cost!
Non-enrolled students taking a semester off
The Student Society (CCSS), Camosun College, and BC Transit have partnered to offer a special four (4) month optional non-enrollment UPass to students who were enrolled in the previous academic period for the highly discounted price of $85.00 and can be obtained as follows:
- Step 1: Go to go the campus cashier on the first floor of the Dawson building or the second floor or the Liz Ashton Campus Centre building during regular office hours.
- Step 2: The cashier will confirm that you were enrolled during the previous semester/term and you can pay the $85 by cash, debit, or credit card.
- Step 3: Go to the Camosun Library with your receipt from the cashier and they will update your student card with the U-Pass.
- Step 4: If you are enrolled for only part of the summer, please a Please complete the UPass Opt Out Form and submit with your receipt for payment of the non-enrollment UPass to [email protected], fax to 250-370-3636, or in person at our office.
Where can I get my UPass?
Your Student ID is also your UPass. New students will get their student ID cards at the Library, and returning students can renew their cards every semester. When you receive your new student ID or reactivate your student ID, you will be able to use it as a U-Pass until the last day of the month that your course end.
Can I Opt-Out?
You can opt out only if you’re unable to use the UPass for one of the following reasons and submit an opt out form within 30 days of the start of your program.
- Student with disability who must use alternative transportation.
- Have an annual bus pass for the Greater Victoria area.
Note: UVic students must opt out of the UPass at UVic during the Fall and Winter semesters. To opt out at UVic you need to be fully enrolled in at least one credit course at Camosun, and take your tuition statement to the Student Union Building at UVic.
- On a co-op work term located outside of the Greater Victoria Area
- Live outside the Greater Victoria area (Capital Regional District) AND either studying via distance education or taking only one (approx 3 hour) course on campus.
Note that since the non-enrolled UPass is optional, you do not need to opt-out of this bus pass.
Please complete the UPass Opt Out Form and submit with required documentation to [email protected], fax to 250-370-3636, or in person at our office. Opt outs for CO-OP students on a work term outside the Capital Regional District must be submitted to the CO-OP office.
Contact Us for more information on opting out of the UPass.