U-Pass Update: 2021 Fall Semester

Get information on requesting/updating your ID card, Non-Enrolled U-Pass, and opt-out criteria. 

Please email upass@camosunstudent.org if you have any questions or require assistance regarding the U-Pass program.


New Camosun ID Card

Your Camosun ID card is your college ID, library card, and your BC Transit bus pass (U-Pass), if eligible. If you are a new student or a student who needs a replacement ID Card, you may fill out this form starting August 24 to request a new card.


Update ID Card for 2021 Fall

If you are a returning student, U-Pass updates are available at either library during open hours starting August 25. Bring your current student ID card.


Non-Enrolled U-Pass

The Non-Enrolled U-Pass Program allows Non-Enrolled Students to continue using the U-Pass at a discounted rate for the upcoming semester. The cost for the Non-Enrolled U-Pass will be $94 for the semester and can be purchased started August 25.


  • Non-Enrolled Students: Students who were enrolled in 2021 Summer classes AND are taking the 2021 Fall semester off.

To enroll in this U-Pass, please visit our U-Pass page, select U-Pass for Non-Enrolled Students, and follow the instructions on the page.


U-Pass Opt-Out

Students may only opt-out of the U-Pass program if they meet at least one of four criteria:

  1. Students with Disabilities where they can demonstrate their necessity to commute to/from Camosun by automobile other than BC Transit fixed route or handy Dart services
  2. Students who already hold an annual BC Bus Pass, a Pro pass, or U-Pass
  3. Students on a co-op work term located outside the Capital Regional District
  4. Students living outside the Capital Regional District AND is either studying entirely via distance education or takes only one course

The opt-out must be processed within 30 days of the start of a semester/term. See our U-Pass Program page for further details and to fill out the opt-out form if you are eligible.